facebook twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday 25 September 2015

London Fashion Week - Bloggers Hangout

I've been going to the Bloggers Love parties for years now, pretty much ever since I left X Factor. They have some amazing brands and it's amazing how many young entrepreneurs and start ups there are in this country. It's a great opportunity to meet these brand owners in person and get a feel for things that will be the next big thing in months to come.

I came home with more bags than I can carry (always a good sign!) and so sat down tonight to look through everything.

The first thing I tried out was the new Australian product called Exfoliate. It's a simple idea, to have something which will scrape off all the dead skin and leave you with a nice dewy looking face. I have to say, this product RULES!!! Not only does it get all the excess dead skin off, it takes off old makeup that's caked on there as well.

However, I might have discovered the best thing ever. Having a slight brainwave, I sellotaped it to my pink dildo electric toothbrush, and made it into a vibrating spot-getter-outer. Not only does this thing exfoliate, but it also got literally EVERY SINGLE BLACKHEAD out of my chin with minimal effort. Epic Kitty Hack of the week.

You can get it from Amazon here: Exfolimate - Face and Body Exfoliator

Sellotape you can find anywhere. Office desk, under your bed, school drawer. Failing that, blue-tak also works. I tried it!

There's so many bags here it's hard to get through them all! I met the lovely ladies at Pink Parcel, who have the genius idea of sending you a parcel out every month in line with your...well...er... monthly. And, if you are a guy reading this - trust me, your girlfriend/mum/sister will love you just as much for understanding.
It's basically a "care package" but it's filled with heaps of goodies. Something for now (a little bag to put in your handbag), something to put in your cupboard for later, and a fantastic little product from Sass, who make creams specifically for female hygiene.

I know it's probably seen as a bit of a taboo to talk about stuff like this, but in all fairness, my hormones are always completely out of control every month and I find myself spending days in bed. There's even a little box "just for you" filled with mascara and nail polish and other girly things. Love, love, LOVE this idea and I hope these girls are really super successful. It's £12.99 a month, but to be fair, it's stuffed full of useful things and to me it's a pretty lovely thing to have drop through my letterbox at just the right time.

Get yours here: https://www.pinkparcel.co.uk


I'm going through these bags one by one...bear with me.... ok.

Shea Moisture has the most deliciously smelling hair products ever! I could eat them. She gave me the Strengthen Treatment Masque - get it here: Shea Moisture Treatment Masque
I also brought home the Curl Enhancing Smoothie ( Curling Gel Souffle)...ahhh it smells so so good. Coconut and Hibiscus. I don't even have curls and I want to try this. Anything that smells this good must be good for your hair.

Talking of hair products, I got seriously overloaded with them. I think someone took a look at my pink and purple hair and went "OMG that girl needs some serious conditioner". Anyway, now I've got lots of stuff to try out instead of going to Boots ever so often to get John Frieda shampoo.

I'll probably do a blog at some point specifically about how I colour my hair and what products I use. There's a total method to this and I stick to it religiously, but it took ages to perfect, and I still get the odd disaster. Soap and Glory for instance, was a total disaster. That crap nearly made my hair fall out.

Beauty Works gave me their "Miracle Spray" which does pretty much everything in one. They tried it out on my hair and I got a lovely blow-dry as well! Thanks!! I can't wait to get to grips with this because it looks amazing!

Skin Chemists London gave me their Wrinkle Killer Snake Serum to try out. It sounds ridiculously scary but actually feels really smooth and lovely on my skin. I've been trying it out for a few days now, it's very soothing and calming on my skin. I've always been a bit of a skeptic when it comes to 'miracle creams' but I'll definitely keep my eye on this one!

Here's the link: skinChemists Wrinkle Killer Snake Serum 30 ml It's a bit pricey at over £62, but perhaps that's proof it actually works? All I know is that you tend to get what you pay for. I've been using Creme de la Mer for years and it's insanely incredible stuff but it sure does dent my wallet.

Bag delving once again....ahhhh yes!!! This amazing goody bag of beauty products...

I can't resist a good nail polish, so imagine my excitement when I got this in a huge goody bag. I'm literally constantly painting my nails. It's therapeutic, when I have to think about something I just find a colour and paint. I've never actually tried gels before, but I see people getting it done in the salon all the time and wonder what the difference is. Apparently it lasts a LOT longer...I will have to try it out and get back to you!

Heres the link if you want to try it yourself:
SensatioNail Gel Polish starter kit


They also gave me an awesome packet of eyeshadow brushes. I'm a MAC girl mostly, with Illamasqua colours (yay!) but I have to say that MAC really overprices their brushes - paying £50 or more for a blusher brush is a bit extreme. At £16.99 for a set of 5 is a total steal in my opinion, and the quality is amazing - they are going straight into my makeup box!
You can get them here: Lab 2 Brush Set

I also got a TeaTox set which I'm not going to blog too much about until I've tried it - I'll report back in the next posting! Also some really interesting Skin formula which apparently stops you getting spots and acne. I've been blighted by that all my life and it would be a relief not to suffer any more. The before and after's on their website looks amazing... but I'm going to try it myself and see!

I've got so many emails to catch up on before tomorrow - I'm going into the studio to record my guide vocals for my Broadway album! That's 12 tracks I've got to get through... so got to get some rest tonight before then.

Divahugs!!! Let me know if you try any of these products and what you think!

xxxx Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme